View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 10:14 AM   #19
Banjo
Zealot
Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Asus Zen Pad
I downloaded a zip file,Sigil-master.zip , of the latest and built it. Sadly, that did not fix the Book Browser problem on this system. The tree still gets munged when I drag a file, and Sigil crashes when I right click on the empty space. I suspect that the dragging action has damaged the tree, thus causing the crash. Just a guess.

I peeked into the file src/MainUI/OPFModel.cpp and confirmed that the changes called out in commit 4b47929 are, in fact, in the file. So I am pretty sure I have the correct source code.

My conclusion is that this problem is different from the one addressed in the commit.

Once again, using ssh -X localhost /usr/local/bin/sigil fixes the issue.

If I can figure out how to run this in a source level debugger I will look into it further. That will take a while since the code base is all new to me, I have not been active in this sort of debugging for a year or so, and my brain has begun to rot with age .

While I can run this in gdb, well, what can I say? I don't really want to go there.

Do you use an IDE for developing Sigil? How does one build this with debug information included?

Banjo
(_)=='=~
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote