View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 04:35 AM   #103
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I'd rather buy the ebook even if it costs more than a paper version, but I haven't come across that situation yet: every ebook I have wanted to buy has been much cheaper than the new paperback version, usually less than half the paper price, often less than one quarter.
It most commonly happens with new releases, where bookstores like Amazon deeply discount the hardback, but the publisher sets the price of the ebook. The ebook is still considerably cheaper than the list price of the hardback, of course.

If you wait for mass market paperback releases then, as you say, the ebook is almost always cheaper than the pbook.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote