View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suelange View Post
I like that idea, Zelda. The email thing is definitely turning people off. I could also add a note to the last page of the ebook. People might not know if they want to sign up until after they've read the book. Do links work in ebook formats other than html and pdf?
links will work in most ebook formats including epub as well as the ones you've mentioned, *however* to my knowledge they will only work within the book (like for a linked table of contents), so you could copy down the address from within the book but not necessarily click to go to it directly (particularly since a lot of people will probably be reading this on dedicated reading devices, not all of which have any kind of internet connectivity). that said, you could probably click to open the address in a browser if you're viewing the book on a computer (i'm not sure though, i've never tried that), so it's worth making a real link.

i think you should definitely add the website url to all books distributed via BVC if you haven't already done so, with a note saying "find more books like this at..." or something. you could also add a short note mentioning some other authors available, more books by the same author, etc. ; this will give people a reason to want to go back, in addition to reminding them where they got the book (i might not remember where a specific book came from, since i shop at several different stores in addition to getting PD books from here and feedbooks...). you could mention bvc at the beginning of the book with the url, and add more info at the end of the book.

this should be in addition to a signup on the book page.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote