Thread: Literary Rotating Nominations
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I've waited a few days to see if anyone else wanted to volunteer to go first instead, and seeing no takers I'll consider the matter closed for this month and I'll have my go at it in August.

I think having my turn will be enjoyable, but I didn't volunteer just for the fun of going first - for instance, I never put myself in consideration for a lottery month, not because I didn't want to but because as head of the club I wanted to give everyone else a chance first. And I might've preferred not to take my turn after a month where a nomination of mine won, and a bit controversially at that, heh. I just consider that if we encounter any unforeseen bumps in the beginning, after Bookpossum suggested I go first in the general discussion thread I thought I wouldn't mind putting myself out there to be the one dealing with them.

Billi, I definitely have not made up my mind on nominations yet! I wasn't sure if anyone else would volunteer, so I haven't even begun to consider what I'll nominate yet.

issybird, your suggestion was great, and that's one thing I really like about the idea of these Rotating months - that everyone will have a month where one of their nominations will be the winner. Though none volunteered for this first month, I'm still happy that whether first, second, tenth or whenever, those who may have been unlucky so far will take a turn.

Just to be clear, the matter of who's going in August is now settled, and I'll post nominations on August 1st.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote