View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #7
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayr View Post
which cover should I get to ensure full protection of my reader since it is on a back pack all day?

Everybody has their favourite choice for a cover & guess all will get posted here.

IMHO the most durable protection, and (as you are a student) the most economical is to use a 'DVD tin' this is designed to accept a single dvd in it's plastic wallet. I bought mine for just over £1. I did post this in another thread a while ago but I can't find it now.

It easily takes the PRS505 in the standard Sony wallet, leaving a gap of about 1/4" all round the edges. The thickness of the Sony wallet fits the tin exactly.

Line the 1/4" gap by sticking a strip of High Quality High density packaging foam polyurathene or rubber inside the tin edges. This holds the reader tightly in place and the metal tin protects from knocks on all sides better than any other material.

You can easily remove the reader or not to read as you wish

However you may want to spend up to $80 on something prettier but giving less protection.

Click to enlarge:-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0009.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	36370   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0010.JPG
Views:	364
Size:	259.2 KB
ID:	36371  

Last edited by columbus; 09-24-2009 at 06:17 AM.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote