View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #520
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Ah, well, I was talking about another boot-loop in this case: a close loop directly after booting, only actually running code for about 2-10secs, then rebooting. It happens even in USB downloader mode - so it is not dependent on the contents of the flash at all. You're right of course, there are other boot loops. But in this case I mean that loop you only see through the USB downloader mode, the screen doesn't even flash in most cases.

alban: I bet that Kubrick lets you use a shell and it already brings a working k3flasher installation. That should do. In fact I never used kubrick myself, so I can't tell if it would show the k3flasher output for its main workflow right away - if so, you wouldn't even need a shell.

Note though, that this probably wouldn't help either. The device is probably dead for most practical purposes. Double check, try Kubrick and ATK, and if neither works, you can probably claim the device dead, sorry.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote