View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
One problem I have when taking notes is that a major part of my scribblings suddenly disappear. Sometimes they reappear later when I add a page to the note and go to the next page but then come back to the first page. But if I add something my text will disappear again. Always leaving just a small part at the very beginning. Saving and reopening doesn't help. Any ideas? I am on R3 using DR800+.
This sounds like a problem that was also reported for dr1000-hackx. Although the symptoms sounds a little different. It has to do with the clock updates. Although it does not explain the disappearance after a saving and reopening.
The DR has a special display that allows to quickly write data to the display (with some limitations). The Notepad application makes us of this, by directly writing the scribbles to the display, without writing them into the 'gtk-screen-buffer'. When a page is switched (or page is added) all the internal data is written to the gtk-buffer which triggers a (full-screen)-write to the display. This clears the previously written data and shows the data in the gtk-buffer. However updating the clock also triggers a screen-update, but since the current-scribbles are not yet written to the gtk-screen-buffer, the old content is shown, removing the latest scribbles.
I have a patch for the dr1000, maybe Iņigo or someone else has time to integrate it into the dr800+ version and see if this solves the problem. Till that time the only thing that helps is disabling the clock or switching pages (showing menu could also help, but I did not try that).

If you can not add any scribbles at all (at least they are not added after a save/reopen) for one specific file, the problem could also be related to a corrupt file. A notepad file is basically a sqlite-database file, if the file gets corrupt, the DR does not have a mechanism to recover from it. There might be some tricks with using the VACUUM command or dumping and then importing the database in a new file. Something like: sqlite3 note.notepad ".dump" | sqlite3 note_ok.notepad.

PRAGMA integrity_check; should be able to tell if the file is corrupt.

I do not know what your technical/computer skills are so please ask for more help if you need it.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote