View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:05 AM   #4
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Hi Willow!

Central Book Services has promised an Aussie ebookstore up soon - http://www.ecoreader.com.au/get_ebooks.asp

In the meantime, your best hassle-free bets are the DRM-free stores, which don't tend to have geographic restrictions. Of course, they don't usually stock the bestsellers either :/ Check out Smashwords and Feedbooks for some good indie fiction Disclaimer: I have work on both, and I'm biased!
I have been hoping for a decent local ebookstore for quite awhile and Central Book Services looks to be the shining light but I can't shake the feeling that in a couple of weeks the status will change to "Launching in December 2009" like it has done for the last few months.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote