Thread: Classic Nook buyers beware
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #20
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-eBook-Reader View Post
Actually, the website has links to Barnes and Noble too, along with virtually every other ebook reader on the current market. So there goes that theory. And if you'd looked close enough you'd notice that the cons for all ebook readers are listed, including Kindle, right on the review page. All information is provided; not just positives.

And I am not a paid consultant for any company in any way.

Factually wrong? Which ones? And show me the facts. Every single one of them is based in fact, except number 8, which B&N have yet to address fully. Surely they'll release new software before nook releases, but they've said nothing about it yet.
Does the eBook Reader website generate revenue? Are you the recipient of that revenue? If so, your opinion should be declared as a 'paid consultant'. If not, my apologies and I'll address the 'facts' you listed:

1. Some B&N prices are higher than Amazon, maybe even most, but you can't make a blanket statement that B&N prices are higher than Amazon and expect people to take it as fact. If B&N SciFi is cheaper than Amazon's then your fact is a fallacy for that reader.
2. Pure opinion, no fact stated. The fact from B&N's latest press call is that they will permit loaning an ebook repeatedly but only to a single friend at a time.
3. Opinion again. If I buy a Nook, the WiFi will be very valuable to me even though it will only link to the B&N store. I have a desktop, netbook, and Blackberry browser for my other internet needs. So you can't state YOUR value judgement as a fact, its just your opinion.
4. Opinion again. I think the three formats listed make if very full featured. My opinion is that a device would be limited if it didn't provide the format I was looking for even if it has 12 available formats. Another value judgement you are trying to pass off as fact.
5. Incorrect assumption stated as fact. Are you certain it won't read a non-DRM ePUB? The responses in the B&N forum indicate otherwise.
6. I agree that in the VIDEOS the menu looks basic, and it has been stated that it will not support folders. Of course the navigation fact is only true of what the videos display. The actual depth of navigation and menu options is still unknown and it shouldn't be assumed that the brief marketing video is all that's available.
7. Assumption. You don't know what power management technology or techniques are used, and though I agree with your assumption that it could have a significant adverse impact, with the right engineering that could be minimize. The fact is they are claiming 10 day duration compared to Kindle's 14 day duration on a charge, so I wouldn't condsider this a 'great' affect on battery life, but that's just my opinion and your opinion that it will 'greatly affect' battery life is valid as your opinion, but it's not a fact.
8. Flat out lie or you haven't read all the side-loading options.
9. Opinion again. It looks promising enough to me and many others, enough so that we are considering buying the device. Your value judgement may be shared by some, perhaps many, but certainly not by many more. Again, you can't pass off your value judgement as a fact.
10. Pure opinion and almost libelous. What if it comes out that the actual manufacturer of the device is the same offshore company that makes MacBooks, the Kindle, or a line of netbooks? Would you still say it's likely to have problems and faults? Your assumption of quality is not a fact.

So altogether, the ONLY fact you stated was that the video shows limited navigation. 1/2 of number 6 is a fact and the rest are not. You're batting 5%.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote