View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #10
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor
I think that means you want to go back to 1.9.17. But even that has a lot of shop related stuff on the home screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
I'm still running 1.9.17, and can tell you that's incorrect because I have zero shop related stuff on my home screen. What I see is the covers of my four most recently read titles in the upper 2/3 of the screen and the first four items in my short list across the bottom.
By default 1.9.17 put recommended reads (i.e. "shop related stuff") in the 'carousel' at the bottom with an option to change it to your shortlist (and something else which I can't remember). Even so there was quite the outcry against it, and quite the outcry when it was subsequently removed. You can please some of the people some of the time...
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote