Thread: MobileRead December 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #91
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Finished. Couldn't put it down, 'cept when i had to. Since this isn't the time or thread to post analysis, I'll just speak in regard to the concerns we had about choosing it...

I thought it was sad, but not a gratuitously maudlin downer like some GR reviewers posted. Like some historical fiction that necessarily has its tragedies and sad endings, it's still well worth reading, IMO.

I'll likely read it again in a few weeks, as I didn't stop to write out my thoughts along the way this time -- and it's a book that provokes a lot of thought and fodder for discussion.

I thought the writing was superb - a tragic story beautifully told, with no drag in the flow.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote