View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
As seems to be the usual case when an old media industry is dragged into the digital age (see music, movies and videogames), producers have no hard facts but a lot of bad analogies they can apply. Does the hard data say easy lending is eating into book sales? No, but that doesn't stop publishers from having a lot of ill-informed opinions on the matter and making business decisions based on those.

I have a Kobo and make good use of being able to download library books, but I also buy way more books than I ever did before getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Ultimate in stupidity.

Providing books for the public is the only reason copyright exists at all.
In abrogating the writers end of the social contract, there is every reason to belive that the ultimate result for the publishers on this will be society deciding copyright is an outdated concept.

I will state that outright, and I'm a guy who never used napster or torrents.
This, a thousand times this. The sense of entitlement of publishers is astounding
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote