View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 08:40 AM   #66
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You need only have spent about 10 seconds . If the logo on the back says "Kindle", it's a PW1; if it says "Amazon" it's a PW2.

The name really shouldn't come as a surprise. Amazon have never used model numbers for the Kindle; it's always been "all new X" or "latest model Y".
If I had this info in my hand, it would have been 10 seconds.
The problem was, they only had one box (that I wasn't allowed to open) and nobody could say for sure whether it was the old one or the new one.

I spent 15 minutes looking for a computer with a working Internet in the store and another 15 minutes searching blogs for the difference in packaging for the new and old model. A customer isn't supposed to have to be doing this.

A year before that a friend of mine bought an older version of Kindle Touch in the same store instead of newer, because they were very similar was well.

This is the same problem as with iPads, for example. A person who is not very familiar with iPads is not able to distinguish between various models. In some cases even veteran Apple user has problem to identify whether the device is iPad 2 or iPad 3.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote