View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #64
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
HarryT, I'm not sure I use the terms properly sometimes but I believe I'm on the opposite side on the PW2 and Voyage comparision. I'm old and my eyes suck but with my best magnifying glass the Helvitica text on the fourth down from the largest size is indistiguishable, for me, between the two. If I go to the smallest size, where I couldn't hope to read it, my magnifying glass doesn't show a difference, either. But, the lighting on my Voyage is much brighter than on the PW2 and the perceived contrast is greater. I'm not an engineer and have no way of measuring lumens or whatever but the Voyage and PW2 seem to be close on brightness with my PW2 at its highest setting and the Voyage four clicks down. That brightness difference does effect the perceived contrast for me.

For what it's worth, I thoroughly enjoy reading on both of them. The contrast is adequate for me on both.

Last edited by patrickt; 06-18-2015 at 08:41 AM.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote