View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #13
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The inclusion of an '; Uninstall: NormComment' directive at the end of the MR Index entry should take care of replacing existing 'NormComment' installs, see the 'FanFicFare' and 'KindleUnpack - The Plugin' index entries at MR and calibre-ebook.com. I'll ask JimmXinu to chime in here and confirm this is correct.
Unfortunately, I have very little wisdom to offer here.

When I replaced FanFictionDownLoader with FanFicFare, thducks posted suggesting that there was a Deprecated section that FanFictionDownLoader could be moved to and then helped do so.

A little later, there was discussion with eschwartz and thducks about adding an Uninstall flag for FFDL, which was eventually resolved.

To be honest, I didn't pay a huge amount of attention, since the index thread is outside my control. But what BR says appears to be correct: A plugin's entry in the index thread can tell calibre to uninstall a predecessor PI. But it has to be done juuust right.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-19-2017 at 10:13 PM. Reason: BR, not MR.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote