View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 07:07 PM   #35
fkustaa
fkustaa began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop
Pablo,

I am having the same problem as you with regard to endnotes in my book which I am publishing with Amazon Kindle.

I originally wrote the book in Microsoft Word, and then Amazon converted it to an epub format for publication of the book in Kindle format. Then, after they converted the book chapters from Word to the epub format, they asked me to go over the chapters to see if the texts of the chapters were converted correctly.

During the final reediting of the chapters I found that their conversion of the book chapters from Word to the epub format was not done correctly in many sections of the chapters. For example, many words in the chapters were cut during the conversion process. Therefore, I had to reedit the chapters to make corrections of the cut words.

Also, during the reediting of the chapters in epub format using Sigil, I found the need to add some endnotes here and there especially in sections of chapters where I want to remove unnecessary reference materials in the text that disrupt the flow of the reading of the text.

I know how to create returnable (clickable) endnotes in Sigil, but I don't know how to add a new endnote between existing endnotes of a chapter without having to redo manually the formatting of the numbering of the remaining endnotes in each chapter.

Is there a way to add a new endnote between two existing endnotes in a chapter in Sigil, and to have the numbering of the remaining endnotes to change automatically accordingly to the end of the chapter and without having to manually re-format the numbering of the remaining endnotes to the end of a chapter?

I am wondering if you or anyone here can provide me with suggestions on how to deal with this endnotes issue in Sigil.
fkustaa is offline   Reply With Quote