View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 07:16 AM   #26
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
For some reason--and I don't think that I'm imagining this--there may be more free, and marked down to an extreme, ebooks in the IT subgenre than just about any other non-fiction subgenre. Especially if you consider only high quality productions. Their bargains don't seem to get publicized much, however. Packt is one publisher that helps make that first statement true--I frequently see free ebooks and $5 ebooks from them." Even Microsoft has a collection of perpetually free ones. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

O'Reilly is one such company, too. I see good sales by them from time to time, but this one has to be one of, if not the, best that I've ever seen from them. They have just started a sale on 243 ebooks, in which all of them are free. That's right, they're gratuit, gratis, gratuito, svobodno, livre--free! And those of you in the IT business know how very high in price such books can be.

Let me cut to the chase. Here's the webpage for the sale, on which you can find all of the free titles. If you want to head off and check out the selection and things, go right ahead. However, if you wish to continue reading, I'll list the particular topics that the books cover. Here they are:
- Business & Leadership (seem to cover more than just IT businesses).
- Data
- Design
- Hardware & IoT
- Programming
- Security
- Web Development
- Web Performance & DevOps

I get the feeling that there are not very many IT people who follow this thread, or are even in this forum. Why do I feel that way? When people post books like these, there is rarely any response from anyone. But this sale is just too good not to post. I hope that there's someone out there who can find some titles that they want to grab and potentially save a little--check that: a lot--of money.
Thank You for highlighting a wide range of freebies. I typically do not grab the Tech Books. This time I have a friend who is designing a business website for herself so I am grabbing the various Web Design books for her.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote