View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #15
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
no. I like being able to choose my very own unique cover
Agreed.

A Kindle's cover (referring to the book-cover style) differs from most electronic device covers in that it becomes part of your experience (which is why I think the pricier ones are worth it). You hold it, touch it, and look at it every moment you use the Kindle. The fact that this is a leisure device makes it even more important that the user can select a cover per their tastes and comfort.

I believe the earlier Kindles came with a simple, no frills cover (my mom's Kindle 1 did), and I think that's maybe a good idea to make sure that people who don't care about their cover either way still have basic protection. But then there's the issue of Amazon's profit concern, ha. And actually in this situation I don't blame them; markup on the Kindle isn't that high (48%) and they don't make a profit from most ebook sales.

I've been so unimpressed with the few cases I've tried in my short time with the Kindle that I am about to pull the trigger on an Oberon. Only thing stopping me is I'm waiting to see the new lineup from Octovo.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 12-20-2010 at 06:03 PM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote