View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 09:27 PM   #25
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The attached file is a detailed tutorial showing how to create a MobiPocket eBook using the freely available tools of Book Designer and MobiPocket Creator. It starts off with the assumption that you've already created and edited the book in Book Designer, and shows you how to go from the BD book to a properly-formatted MobiPocket book with large images, a functioning "Table of Contents" menu item, and so on.

Comments or suggestions for improvements are of course welcome.
Harry, I read through it and it's clear and concise. Thank you.

Down the road a bit, I may experiment with the command line converter, and see about scripted Mobi file generation.

One question for the group mind, however: MobiPocket Creator offers three compression options: None, Standard, and High.

I played a bit, creating a test Mobi file with each option, and all were handled just fine on my device, which is a Palm OS PDA running v5.3 beta of MobiReader for PalmOS, and by the current 6.1 MobiReader for Windows.

My inclination is to create Mobi documents using High compression, simply because there's no such thing as enough storage space. My question is whether that is known to be supported on all devices that can read Mobi files. Yes, it takes a lot longer to generate Mobi files using High compression, but I don't care. My computer is doing the work.

Comments?
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote