View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #1354
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hmm... looks like it is turning something on and off. Is the password occluded in one state and visible in the other? Does pressing it again turn it back into a sun?

BOb
The password can be made visible by touching an eye symbol right within the text field, next to the password entered.
Switching the "light bulb" on and off doesn't change visibility of the password.
Pressing it again turns it back into the "sun".

After hearing from HarryT, that it appears in login fields (I hadn't been aware of that. I've seen it from time to time, but didn't track the circumstances), my initial thought was it might switch on and off the password tracking.
Meaning: Sun = password gets stored. Switched off = you have to re-enter the password.
Or something like that, as the pressed button looks somewhat like a record/stop button.
But this can't be it: In the login field for example the password can't be stored anyway...
Strange...I don't find any explanation anywhere. But what to google? "Sun symbol on Windows 8 touchscreen keyboard"?

Last edited by mgmueller; 10-23-2013 at 09:15 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote