View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I guess I'm really out of touch. It just never ocurred to me that there were people who only read when they're on vacation--likely in summer. I gotta get out more.
I actually know quite some people who consider any activity that doesn't make you money in some way a waste of time.

If that activity *costs* you money (buying a book to read, a game to play or a movie to see), they are of the opinion that you're not only wasting your life, but your money as well.

Still, those people book vacations that cost thousands of dollars, because "they have worked for that and more than earned it". Do they read anything on vacation? I don't know, but seeing the places they go, and how they look when they get home, they don't get any farther than lying on the beach for 2-4 weeks. IMHO, *that* is an utter waste of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

I read somewhere (can't recall where) that publishers consider someone who buys twelve books a year to be a heavy book buyer. Not sure what that makes someone like me.
An addict, without any hope of redemption whatsoever
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote