View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #563
jjallenupthehill
Enthusiast
jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jjallenupthehill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
While the two buildings don't look "exactly" the same, the Apple clone is extremely derivative of prior designs, ripping-off the most prominent features of two well-known architectural masterpieces.
In short, that's debatable, no it doesn't, and no it most certainly isn't

I could elaborate and prove this, and it is probably also useful in relation to the debate about phone design copying, but you know you're proposing to argue a technical point about copyright of architectural design with an architect - right?

I mean, haven't I bored you all enough?!

And neither building is most definitely an 'architectural masterpiece'!

Quote:
Which wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't had the gall to patent the design. It's laughable.
Well, we've covered the patenting visual design issue, and I'm not going to disagree.

Although I'm an Apple user, I can clearly see when they have done some stupid or undesirable stuff. I can also laugh at the 'sh*t Apple fans say' videos on Youtube. There are a couple on Android too.

Quote:
If you can't see it, you're not very observant about architecture, nor are you very objective.
I'm going to take that in the spirit of a jovial dig in the ribs. You don't really want to have that discussion do you?