View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #35
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
While I am a bit on the ancient side, I still remember much of a book's content. Sometimes, if rereading, I know before turning a page what the first words on it will be.

I derive pleasure and comfort from familiar characters etc. but would rather it was a new to me book.

Music to me is not all about the words, and the pleasure derived seldom by me has much to do with the lyrics. Plus I have never been able to carry a tune, even in my head, so often a song or instrumental is not totally familiar even if I have heard it 500 times.

I do not feel sorry for rereaders, if it is enjoyable then by all means why not, and it sure must save a few bucks

Lucky for me there are many many books that I haven't read yet, and that I really, really want to read. If there wasn't I would perhaps envy those who thoroughly enjoy rereading and rewatching.

I don't even pity those who choose not to read. They seem just as happy with their own methods of entertainment. Not my place to judge otherwise.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote