View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I don't know about this tablet. Best Buy's brand, Insignia, always struck me as cheap Chinese knockoffs; and I've avoided it. I could be wrong, but I just don't trust it for some reason.
Apparently their HDTVs for the last year or so have been decent. And cheap.
Without comple specs it would be hard to gauge the Flex's value, much les its impact. But thousands of stores showcasing it (and a likely Black Friday listing at $199) is bound to have some impact on the mainstream's expectations for Android tablet pricing.

And then there is the trend: Kindle FireHD9, very high specs and build quality at $299; followed by NookHD+, very high specs at $259; followed by BB Flex, decent specs??? at $239-259. (With regular Sales promos at $199, if BB follows typical Insignia marketting.)

Publishers are obsessed with preserving the perceive value of books--I'm thinking it is Name-brand Android tablet OEMs that need to be concerned about the perceived value of *their* tablets.

This dribs-n-drabs low profile intro of the Flex may be BB incompetence or it might be a stealth intro of a category-buster (even if... or *especially* its spec-sheet is weak).

For some reason I'm reminded of the Coleco ADAM...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote