View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by westy View Post
Hi Vydorscope, thanks for your input. Although you say price in independant of length, I would think that is more the case for well known authors. Although, I do feel quality is more important than hitting 150k just to 'give value' or warrant a $9.99 ebook price tag.
As for pricing per word - how about a dollar a word!!
Go over to Amazon and look at huge variety of books listed at $2.99. It seems to be that the price is part of the marketing strategy, and not related to length. I have seen 250k and 50k word books priced the same.

If your market is YA Romance, (an alien market to me) then what you should do is go look at the top 100 or 200 successful romance books and see what model the followed. Do they tend to be shorter? Longer? Cheap? Expensive? Etc? That would is what I would do at least.

I write adult Fantasy/Sci Fi, and i know in my market 100k words+ is the target length. Just depends on your market
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote