View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #25
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
you only have access to the cloud storage if you're near wifi. if you're say at the beach, you won't be able to access your stuff.

if you want to watch a couple movies, downloading them will take quite a while - and will use up a lot of your battery.

amazon cloud storage will become something hackers will not be able to resist trying for. if they do manage to bring it down, you won't be able to download your stuff at all during that period, or at all if they find a way to damage it.

uploading large files - which are the ones that one would need to store - takes a long time. i know people with .75 Mbps upload speed. and btw, uploading movies to the cloud server will suck down your battery.

i know people whose servers were somehow hacked, and they were careful and pros. will data in the cloud servers be secure? don't bet on it. we had a trojan inserted into all our web pages once, and our logins are long and random. it was done through an exploit in a program. these things can and do happen. people's passwords get successfully guessed or intercepted via malware. or via phishing scams.

lots of people will be storing largish things - and they're going to have to pay to store. i'm reading comments from people on amazon who plan to store their entire video libraries. in those cases the kindle fire is a way to upsell them into a monthly recurring fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleFan1 View Post
Why not?
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote