View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 02:55 AM   #48
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Yes, there is more violence among "non-un-privileged" youth today than earlier. It has been noted, signaled and discussed. Again reference to Galimberti and his friends in Europe.
You used it earlier so I thought you'd already noticed my use of it. I was quite serious though. I meant it to signify the affluent middle class, which you also refer to ("privileged" to me mean rich/upper-class, hence the awkward construction)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
non i think i got you there, with an example of tricky Viking humor, maybe.

Affluence in Europe has a large proportion of non priviliged, At the start of their new life at least, in their new country. They are not the youngster of middle and upper class that i intended to address.
Yes. We are talking about the same group - though I perhaps was thinking specifically of the middle class as they are by far the larger group. As far as I can see, that group is significantly larger today than, say, 50 years ago. I wondered if Sig. Galimberti & Friends took that into account or how he explains it.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote