View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
Obviously you are looking for the right one for you and you have tried a number of them, so go for the best one at any price that gives you the reading experience RIGHT for you.
I was just commenting on the price difference between the 2 devices, that's all. The sony 900 for 400 or the IPAD for 499, almost the same as the KINDLE DX for 450 or the IPAD. In my mind, gee, in 6 months from now when all types of apps come out for the IPAD from scanner apps (police bands) and ham operator stuff from all over the world, to really fancy stuff that is simple and easy compared to laptop or your 449 tablet, you will be kicking yourself. I know I would. I don't see that much difference between 505 and 900 from screen point of view.
I'm just speaking to you as I would to a friend, I'm not trying to put you down at all. We both have an itouch, so you know all the apps for it, but with small screen it's not as enjoyable experience as with bigger screen.
Good luck with your 900 and I'm sure you will enjoy it, just like I enjoy my 505. It's like chalk on the board for me, sony 900 for 400 or IPAD for 499, and someone would pick the 900. I better stop!
richman is offline   Reply With Quote