View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1969 View Post
Hi guys,
I rooted my Simple Touch entirely because the 'only able to edit shelves from inside the Nook' thing was absolutely ridiculous. What I have ended up with is Nook 1.2.1 with the market and 'Search Market' installed.

I posted in one of the other threads, and was recommended to try here specifically, so here goes:

With any of the alternative readers, can I manage my Library in Calibre instead of navigating it on the stupid device. And yes, I have all my ebooks on there for the people who "din't understand" why you need it. I choose it for two reasons:

1. I don't have to hook up to the computer and run Calibre unless I have something to add.

2. I quite often don't know what I want to read next, and I sometimes don't even know if I'm going to finish the book I'm on...

Now that that's out of the way, I've tried aldiko, and wasn't impressed with its handling and organizational tools. I've also tried Moon Reader, Kindle and Go Book. None excited me, and none seemed better than the default reader. The problem with the default reader is the fact that I can't organize my shelves.

So back to the beginning, which of the readers(if any) out the for Simple Touch would let me do my organization in Calibre? I can't use Calibre Companion because I need 2.2 or higher. I'm currently trying FB Reader, and have Cool Reader in the on-deck circle.

I guess a second question would be if a ST can even run 2.2, and if so, where do I get that?

Thanks for your time guys, if anyone has tips or answers, I'd love to hear them.
What kind of organisation you want. I prefer coolreader and folders for mine.
I send files as

Genre\Subgenre\A\Author\series\s# - Subseries Title

And coolreader scans the files metadata as well so its possible to browse by author titles or series as well
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote