View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #22688
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
How bulky are they?
Not quite as bulky as most winter riding gloves that use an inside liner, plus the extra thickness where the battery sits in the cuff. Actually, I'll have to modify the cuff, making it larger, as I prefer it outside my jacket. Just a cut and add a gusset...

Quote:
Can you use your phone with them on?
Yes... and no.
No, because they have leather fingers with a Gore-tex type membrane inside, so no conductivity.

But yes, because I have my phone and my GPS routed via Bluetooth through the new Sena hub to my helmet communicator. When the phone rings, it plays through my helmet speakers alerting me. I then can press a button on the communicator body to switch to the phone circuit (This image shows the Sena communicator, but I use a smaller Japanese unit.) and speak via the helmet mic when I pull over. I can use the voice commands on my phone to call out. I could do it without the Sena hub, but then my wife wouldn't be on the same channel. With the hub, we can have full duplex communication, as well as both receiving full stereo, GPS, and phone if needed. When I ride alone, I don't use the hub.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote