Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #232
jemc
Quietly Lurking...
jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, iDevices, others
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I have a hard time believing that someone would vote or not vote for a book based on who's already voted for it. The complaints about lemming votes seem whiny to me. I like a free-for-all with full information and campaigns. What are people so afraid of?
This! ^^^^

While I generally do not participate, I love reading the nomination, voting and discussion threads. Their value for me is in the exposure to new books I would not normally consider. Unfortunately, the threads have been cluttered with way too many club rules and book category nit-picking which to me have zero value to the discussion of the books themselves. I thought this is supposed to be a book club, not some super secret society with special handshakes and such.
jemc is offline   Reply With Quote