View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhar View Post
I've installed this and when running queries I don't appear to get the results I'd expect.
If I search for a string of known text the epub appears but when I hover over it I see Adobe's reader showing a cover preview and no text is shown, so I can't tell from the myriad of epub hits what the context was.

Is there a better epub reader that I should be using in conjunction with this so that the search results are meaningful?
Hi,

It sounds like Spotlight is successfully indexing your books. When you hover over a result in the Spotlight menu, it will use the Quicklook plugin to show you some brief overview of the book.

So both plugins are working, but maybe Quicklook isn't showing you as much as you want. In particular the Quicklook plugin doesn't show any part of the book's contents at all - just the metadata gathered from one particular part of the epub file which contains the book title, author, publisher, ISBN, cover, that sort of thing.

I'm not sure what you mean by "shows Adobe's reader". Can you share a screenshot?

What else would you like the plugin to show?

Thanks,

Chris
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote