View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #41
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I downloaded again on another computer and it is good too.
The strangeness continues . . . .
I downloaded it three more times - each time using a different download tool (and monitoring my modem's line-state report).

All three report not only a checksum error, but the **same** checksum error!

I am going for it being a (physically diverse) server cluster with one or more of them having a bad copy of the image or a bad configuration.

I.E: GM is about 1,200 miles away from me - and probably is being routed to the "closest" member of the cluster, a different member than the one I am reaching.

I would now suggest that somebody push the known good copy to some other hosting service.

Edit:
I just tried downloading it to the KeK resource server (on west coast of country) - same, identical, checksum error.
The only difference seen - from the KeK server its only a 2 minute download.

I also have a server physically located within a few hundred miles of GM - but I don't have enough disk space on that one for the image.

Last edited by knc1; 08-10-2012 at 09:25 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote