View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #375
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
There are about half a zillion ways to skin this particular cat.
I got Wifi Explorer Pro as the Free App of the day, and haven't really used it since. but apparently a lot of folks feel that something about is worth the 99 cents. Seems reasonable.

Between Dropbox, File Expert, and my own web server, my biggest problem when I want to get a file to my Fire is deciding which wireless method to use. A man with a watch always knows the time, a man with two watches is never sure
Still, nice to have choices.
Agreed. I also have Wifi Explorer Pro (got it also when it was offered as the Amazon FAOTD), and have tried many of the other solutions.

I haven't used Wifi Explorer Pro either, because:
a) wi-fi only, instead of internet wide.
b) paradigm of PC as master, instead of PC as cloud.

Those are weaknesses that make me think most would prefer Tonido over Wifi Explorer Pro if they knew about it.

Other solutions that don't have those weaknesses, like Dropbox and Sugarsync and the like, typically have very nice solutions, that are better (+)/worse (-) than Tonido:
+ intermediary cloud storage (your PC or NAS doesn't have to be on)
+ auto sync
- access part of your PC (certain folders, up to ~5GB without buying a monthly subscription).

But why not complement that, i.e., add access to all the rest of the folders on your PC? At least to have in your arsenal of tools in case you need it sometime.

Two taps (Tonido app icon, Login button) and there's a Windows Explorer view of your PC.

But agreed, to each, his or her own.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote