View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
maxyn83
Enthusiast
maxyn83 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 13pm
Ebook Reader for Mom

Hi, we're considering giving a kindle fire or a T1 Sony ereader to our mom for her birthday. She currently has an iPad 2 that she only uses when she's at home coz she doesn't like carrying it around because it's heavy and big. So far, I really like the Kindle fire for her especially since there's a lot of free and discounted ebooks everyday but have some questions about it.

- I use the kindle app in my iphone/ipad and is there any difference with reading in kindle fire and it's settings? Like easy to change fonts color, size, etc. Also easy access to dictionary?

- In kindle ipad, there's currently no way to get the book summary unless you have to go online and search the book. With kindle fire, is it integrated in the books like in Stanza? I'll be downloading lots of free ebooks for her in Amazon and it would be great if she can read the book description without having to ask me to check it online every time.

- Will I be able to transfer books from Calibre to Kindle Fire? And how easy is it? I'm currently using the Stanza app in ipad and it's very easy to transfer books with calibre. There's also a download all feature that I really like!

Any other ebook reader that's easy to use with most if not all of Stanza's features?
Thanks!
maxyn83 is offline   Reply With Quote