View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
So it's Apple's fault that (as nearly all of these cases are the result of "social engineering") many people quite happily hand over their data without realising it or because they're just plain stupid... they reply to requests for all of their details because they're told "there's a problem with your account" or they click "OK" on dubious offers of protection (which then drop trojans and worms on their systems) or click on "cancel" because they don't want the "generous offer" without realising (or thinking) that any response gets them in trouble when closing down is the only sensible response...

The primary responsibility to protect your data resides with you, you can't blame anyone else for handing the keys of your car to a stranger if your car then gets stolen with them...
I remember from the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads that Apple had one where they implied PCs had viruses and Macs didn't. We know this is a fallacy, but not everybody does - maybe it gave some people a false sense of security and they dropped their guard. Just saying.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote