View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #15
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylau0 View Post
I don't have Kindle 4 or up, so I can't test the following out myself.
Could anyone try out what happens if we email periodicals generated with kindlegen, or a periodical sold by Amazon.com?
You may generate kindlegen-generated perioidcals using Calibre with this AZW output conversion plugin.
It doesn't matter how the periodical file is generated. Amazon always sets EXTH[501]=PDOC for all documents emailed via xx@kindle.com. In the past this hasn't matterd because K3 and below didn't use EXTH[501] for anything. However K4 and Fire use it to decide what reader to use, and a documet with EXTH[501]=PDOC always uses the book reader. Also, a periodical sold by Amazon and then emailed will also get this PDOC treatment, but if that periodical is delivered via whispernet the EXTH[501] remains intact as NWPR or MAGZ, and the Kindle invokes the news reader for those files.
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote