View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
FBReader can read DRM-free MOBIs that don't have high compression. It can typically use any font installed on the device (preferences/cogwheel -> styles). The script mobidedrm.py can strip the DRM on your desktop, and the few ebooks with high compression can be converted to ePub (for FBReader) using Calibre.
I've tried the non-Huff compressed Mobi books and they're fine, but as you say the Huff-compressed books have a problem in FBReader (at least I'm assuming that's why some won't open). Good point about using Calibre to make them into ePub books - I'll give that a try. I may even just stick to my FB2 conversions, but I wanted to be able use the links and footnotes already formatted into the Mobi files.

I was hoping there was a simple way to expand the fonts in the iRex provided Mobi reader, but my searches seem to be fruitless. C'est la vie...
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote