View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #45
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep! View Post
This looks really cool, but I still can't get it to work. I'm having the same problem as the people above me seem to be having; I put savory-image.ext3 into the 'system' folder, and installed update_Savory-0.06.bin, but my Kindle doesn't seem to be able to recognize PDF's I put in the 'documents' folder. When I go to settings the bottom bar says "Version: Kindle 2.0 (291330095) UNSUPPORTED SAVORY-0.06)".

I've tried both the version on this page http://blog.fsck.com/2009/04/savory.html and "savory-image-2009-04-10.zip" from the Google Code page. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Jesse, thank you for your work.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have also tried doing a factory reset and using the Savory uninstaller before updating to the 04-10 version, but to no avail.
Here's what I did my last go around. First uninstall everything using the update-removesavory.bin. You'll have to remove the savory-image.ext3 file yourself. Re-install Savory .06 BUT use the .ext3 file from 4-10-09 in your system directory..

When you either download or drag and drop your PDF or ePub files into the "documents" folder, wait. It takes a little while for Savory to recognize and convert the files. I'd give it at least 5-10 minutes (though I haven't put my stopwatch to it yet).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote