View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #24
A Lurker
Connoisseur
A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
@ Jackie_W, BetterRed and itimpi,

THANK YOU! Your suggestion worked. I edited the .rft file in MS Word. I deleted all the tabs in my document and replaced them with a 0.3 indent. I made sure the first paragraphs of each section were a "normal" style so that they would not be indented.

Then I imported the .rtf directly into Calibre and converted it. By default, Calibre still inserted a line space between the paragrah. I re-ran the conversion, this time checking the "do not insert a space" box and setting Calibre's indent to "no change". This time, the document came out looking exactly like the original file.

I truly appreciate all of your gracious, constructive suggestions, and your patience with my limited technical knowledge.
A Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote