View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Thanks for that. As yet, some of the best minds on these threads (not referring to me, I hasten to add!) have failed to come up with another method of getting that information yet.
I remember discussing this and I thought we had solved it. But, I suppose that was only for if calibre recognized the reader.

The following should get it:

- Open Device Manager
- Find the ereader. It should be under "Disk Drives".
- Right click on it and select Properties
- Go to the Details tab
- Here we are interested in two properties:
- Hardware Ids
- Parent

For every other device I have looked at, the Hardware Ids is enough. But, here, the first entry it has is "USBSTOR\DiskKobo___eReader______0326". Other devices show the vendor and product id as numbers rather than the name here. The Parent does show them. That plus the number at the end of the device id will give us the numerical version of the id.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote