Thread: One-hit Wonders
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #12
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Harriet Beecher Stowe. In her followup to Uncle Tom's Cabin, titled Dred: A Tale of the Great Dismal Swamp, Stowe is careful to make sure every black character is supremely dignified. But they are dull as well. At least, that's how I remember it from when I read both books as a teenager (or maybe even younger). I do recall being impressed that the library's copy of Dred, if not an 1856 first edition, was close to it. Meaning, among other things, that not a whole lot of people read Dred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
The Bible by God
I'm afraid to ask what the mediocre to bad follow-ups are.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 07-02-2012 at 10:04 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote