View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #18
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
True, I can get it in the "Cloud." But then I can't use my ereader, carry it with me, or archive it in case it disappears from Amazon. I would need to install Kindle for PC -- and I'd rather not install more software on my computer.
You don't have to install Kindle for PC to download the book for your ereader. Once you have purchased the book, go to "Manage My Kindle" under your account settings on Amazon. Beside the title of each book should be a button that says Actions. If you click on it, it'll give you a menu. One of the options should be "Download & Transfer via USB." You should be able to load that file on your ereader (providing it really is DRM-free) or add it to your Calibre library.

ETA: Weird. It asks what Kindle I want to transfer the file to when I click download so the method I just outlined might not work after all. Anyone know if this is different for DRMed & non-DRM books? I'm not sure which are which in my library...

Last edited by Keslynn; 03-20-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote