View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #83
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
How does one tell what is necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
If you have never owned an Android device before the Fire, then you might not be aware that apps often don't really close when you exit them. If you are not careful you can wind up with a lot of running apps that can become a drain on your battery and slow down the Fire's performance. There are apps available that can help manage this issue.

Another way is to manually stop unnecessary apps from running by pressing Quick Menu --> More --> Applications then select Running Applications in the Filter by field. This displays a list of all currently running apps along with how many processes and services each uses.

To stop an app from running, select the app from the list and on the screen that is displayed press the Force Stop button.

Some of these probably should be left running like Settings, Amazon Device Client Platform, Kindle Keyboard, etc. But some are simply apps you opened hours ago and thought were closed when you exited them. Use your judgement and close the unnecessary apps and this will help battery and power performance.
I went to that location and found several apps running. TuneIn Pro was one of them. When I tried to stop it, I recieved a warning that it could misbehave if I did stop it. Thus, I cancelled that.

I believe it may be better to let the running ones continue. For example, TuneIn Pro has presets for radio stations. They may get lost if I manually stop it from running.

I also found with that program, that I could turn off my power and the radio station would continue to play via an external speaker. I had to hold the on/off button for 5 seconds to force a total shut down of the music. The control panel stopped working once I turned off the power but without the full shut down.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote