View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosavj View Post
I am looking for a Reader with Pearl Screen. I love the Pocketbook's firmware and hack. But a pearl screen is superior too. So my question is if there is an upcoming version of Pocketbook with Pearl screen. When will it be available?
I have an early Kindle 2 with a screen slighty better than average among early K2s. I find its screen not quite good enough in ambient light that is even slightly dim. And even in good light, the text is not quite dark enough, maybe because of the font.

I got a Pocketbook 360 late last year. I find its screen good enough in almost all light conditions that ink on paper would be readable. I like the screen much more than my K2 screen. Its default font also makes up some for the lack of a Pearl screen (in my experience and opinion).

A Pearl screen would be better still, but the PB 360 has several unique or rare features that make it stand out.

The space and weight efficient snap on hard cover is very nice. It also snaps onto the back while the PB 360 is in use.

The PB 360 is also much more pocketable than most other readers and it is thin, small,
and light enough to not cause discomfort while pocketed.

The PB 360 is equally ergonomic in protrait or landscape and with the controls on ritght or left or top or bottom.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote