View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
I have two Android devices: a Nexus 7 tablet and an HTC Evo 3D phone, both running Android OS 4.03 or higher. The Nexus tablet will connect with both Wireless and Content Server modes. The HTC phone will connect only with the Content Server mode, the Wireless attempt failing with the "Not connected to calibre" message.

Now granted, I can get connected by CS mode, I'd still like to know what the problem is with Wireless mode and the phone. I'm just built that way. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried this with calibre running on a Mac laptop and my Windows 7 machine.

Thanks.
It is hard to know what is going on.

The first thing to look at is what might be different between the two cases. Are both devices connecting to the same computer running calibre? Does anything change on that computer between attempts to connect the Nexus and the HTC? Are the CC connection setups on the HTC and the Nexus identical? Are both devices connecting to the same wireless network?

If the computer running calibre is the same for both devices then my guess, and it is only a guess, is that the content server setup on the two devices specifies an IP address and port while the wireless device setup is "automatic". Under this hypothesis, I would further guess the HTC is not handling broadcast network packets in the same way as the Nexus, leading to the HTC failing to find calibre.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote