View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
^Sorry I am so needy, but how can I update to 1.1.2 if the official firmware BN will try to push is 1.2?
Try google for "nook_1_1_2_update.zip" (the size of the downloaded file should be 108,785,937 bytes, MD5 00b800229378a0b297960fc947c8690f).
Quote:
From your experience, how long may it take for the kinks of rooting from 1.2 will be ironed out? Does it usually take a few days/weeks/months?
I am guessing at least weeks if not months. To get a feel for the progress you can hang out at the XDA Forums for Nook Touch.
Quote:
And, can you switch back and forth between the regular Nook interface and the rooted one?
The two interfaces co-exist pretty nicely on my rooted 1.1.2. The hardware N button is used to wake up the Nook, and to bring up the stock interface (for some reason the BN Shop soft-button does not work very reliably on my NST); the rooted interface has its own set of soft-buttons on the side (which can be hidden away as needed) to call up its home screen, "turn off" the Nook, etc.

I don't know if the interface integration works the same way on a rooted 1.2.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote