View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #20
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Well, you might be interested to know that they changed the copy (and the logo, which used to be a Mars symbol with a + in it) to something more neutral (literally, in the case of the symbol, which is now a non-gendered circle) and inclusive. The first paragraph of the selling blurb now reads:
<snip>
So probably a bunch of other people wrote in to HB with your same complaint.
I didn't look at the HB site after I made my post. In fact, I may not have refreshed the screen at any time while I was writing the post. Thanks for letting me know. I feel better about HB now. We all have brain farts from time to time, and maybe this was one of theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Incidentally, if anyone was wondering, the four pop-reference books in the bundle are pretty decent accessible overviews of basics and important highlights of their subject fields, and IMHO, probably worth it if you'd like a nice, easy intro to stuff.

The sushi cookbook is also pleasantly informative and easy to use (they took advantage of the ebook format to hyperlink recipes that were used by other recipes, which is a nice touch), and it and the Philosophy intro are available at the $1 tier.
Yeah, like I said, I liked the kinds of books that Humble Bundle posted and their generally good or better quality and I certainly didn't want you to think that I was being critical of you for posting them. I would have bought the "pay what you like" (as long as "what you like" is $1 or more. ha) bundle, mainly on the strength of the philosophy book, but I already owned it. I hope that they have more of this kind of mainstream or mixed audience kind of book selection in the future.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote