View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
The old version of this was just a huge number of low-quality jpegs with a clumsy piece of custom software for viewing them. I would search for the subject I wanted in the index and then go to the folders and grab the jpegs I wanted. (I have the old version that is on 31 CD-ROMs-- found the box set at a Goodwill store for 7 bucks.)

I just did a search and I still have on my HD some images I extracted from the old CDs years ago. If it is okay to post, you can see the low quality of the jpegs (which I didn't alter in any way from the originals.) Hopefully, this set is all new scans.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/69esdl
The video on the page linked in the first post indicates that the search methods now include year and/or month of publication, region (by clicking on a region on the globe) and subject, and they also have suggested reading lists. It looks fairly interactive and even includes a trivia (now who can resist a trivia!). They speak of high resolution scan, so I'm guessing it's been rescanned.

Quote:
Edit to add, I see the price is just 60 bucks! The original was IIRC $200 (which is why I never bought the DVD set before they went out of print.)
A new need was just created!

If only the articles could be adapted to e-book format...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote