View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #610
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@hakan - if you want to create your own personal repository that only you can view and is not visible in google etc (such as by being local), of course by all means go ahead. However I would *not* be happy with someone other than me putting them up in a public source code repository. It will just create too much confusion from them being unofficial, unsupported and inevitably out of sync, particularly when I eventually do get around to putting them somewhere myelf. It will happen someday, but not right now with me working 100 hour weeks in my day job.

And what most people don't realise is that the subset of calibre users of the relevant plugin with the right technical skills, motivation and time is in all likelihood less than a handful in the whole world. If someone really cares enough to make a change, as I said above it makes not one iota of difference in my opinion about them not being on github and them opening the zip file directly instead. So I really don't buy the "people will come out of the woodwork to support the development" argument at all...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote